Wednesday, November 10, 2010

5km Series - Champion Road

I had a small disaster last night. My Garmin GPS decided to die on me. I got changed at work and was all set and ready to go and I went to fire up my watch and .... bang...no watch. (Told my hubby when I got home and he promptly brought me a new watch as he knows how much I need it............then wouldnt you know it...two hours later I get a facebook message on how to fix it....and it did!! so now I will have a flash new watch with heart rate and shane will get this one.)

I still went out and walked for 45 mins....I was to practice new style and old style. It was an ok workout, nothing flash to report other than I somehow aggravated my calf injury. Later that night my calf was throbbing so I massaged some voltaren into it and it did feel better.

So for tonights 5km race I had decided to take it easy. Champian Road is a good course. A slight rise around the 2km mark and a couple of wee dips then down hill for the last two km. But I knew that with my calf still tight and sore that I shouldnt push too hard. So I went out and sort of cruised around it, and was very surprised to see I did 30:12. I had not felt I was going that fast nor did I plan that. My calf held out but it is feeling very warm and tight, so I will ice it and rub it again.

training data below.

5 km Series - Champion Road by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: