Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finally back on track

It has been a tough couple of weeks.  Mentally it would have to be the hardest I have faced in all my racewalking.

It all starts with that first little tweak you make to your style and slowly each day you add a tweak and before you know it - your style is no longer right and in fact so far to the wrong side that you sit there totally bamboozled as to how it happened and how you didn't realize.

The eye opener for me was the video from the Relay and the knowledge that that the race-walkers probably would have all been DQ'd (bent knees and lifting) while the rec and learner race-walkers were all fine.

So for two weeks I have pulled my style to pieces, tried to understand my coach, tried to follow advise.....and each video to be told...NOPE....do it again.....NOPE....do it again.

But today ................ yay for today................. What I had been calling my old double support and militant style.............was exactly what my coach had been wanting me to do.  All this time, it was right there and I just had NO idea.

I went to the Intermediate School today and just walked - back and forth - like you do with drills...but I just walked.  Doing what I thought was a very slow and chunky style and expecting to be told NOPE do it again.........but instead the most amazing thing happened......................I got told by my coach that what he saw in the video was PERFECT!! in fact even better than I looked in the STATEs....OMG.....I nearly did back flips.  So I am now back on track, full steam ahead and ready to start getting some speed again...properly!!!


No comments: