Sunday, July 15, 2007

Winter Duathlon Rabbit Island


Sunday 15th July, -1 frost on the ground. Its 9am and I am out at Rabbit Island........its freezing!!

But it is the start of the winter round of Duathlons.

I had been naughty and have done little training at all.... still for fun thought to enter.





It is a beautiful day, clear blue sky, sun shining and a frost that looks like snow. I took the lead from the start (sexy blue wee beany aye!!) I didn't feel my toes still the start of the bike leg lol...


It was a short race today with a 2.6km walk, 11 km mountain bike and 2.6km walk to finish.


The bike leg was really hard. Biking in sand and pine needles was really tough. It felt like I had a flat tyre the whole way around.


The views over the bay were fantastic. Crystal clear day, calm sea...just magic really.
Getting off the bike and heading out for the second walk was odd. My legs had pumped up soo much from the bike ride that it took a while before I could really walk properly.
But I finally got them going and finished in around 1 hour 20mins. But I won the walk section and also my age group................first competion as a 40 year old.....now that sucks!!



No comments: