Thursday, December 24, 2009

Training coming together

Well there has been no rest for this chick!!

With finding a part time job 2 days a week plus working her normal job....(50 hours a week in total) plus walking approx 50 - 70 kms each week....I am shattered!! But still smiling.

But....it is paying off. There is only 3 weeks to go until the 20km trial. I have started my track training. Coach has set the base line lap pace (this is a slow pace that will see me finish in exactly 2 hours 8min) so anything under this pace is a good thing.

We started track training this week. 5km and then 10km of rhythm training. I am to walk each 400m in 2:33 and stay consistent at that pace for 50 laps. Easier said than done....as I thought...what a piece of cake!! its so slow but after 15km your legs get tired no matter what pace you are doing!!

So I wanted to post my last training splits. I am so pleased with how my track training is going. My coach is now really pleased and is sure I will do far better than I think I will.....only he wont tell me his time for me.

So long as I do under 2hours 8min......it gives me a chance of being selected.

2 comments:

Glennis said...

You must be exhausted, thats a busy schedule but it might just get you the times you require.
But do rest for Christmas.... just a little.
Love from Mum.

Andrew Shelley said...

Very nice! That 10k looks very good. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at the Trial.