Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back On My Bike


Yay, I have finally been able to get out on my bike.

On saturday with the sun shining and the birds singing. Shane and I packed up the trailer with motor bike and mountain bike and headed up the Hira. Shane opted for the fire breaks and death defying rutts. Me, I picked the safe old boring gravel road. I road up Sharlands Creek Road. It winds up to the top of Sharlands Ridge.........yep up hill all the way. Took me about 80 mins to reach the top ............... yes and about 10 stops gasping like a fish out of water............but I made it. The ride down was great.............20mins to the bottom..............yeee haaaaaa

On sunday, I dragged my bike out and threw myself back into those little unforgiving shorts and headed back up again to investigate a trail i passed on the way. I found that bike seats are very very firm....specially on the second day!!!!

The trail (above image) I had found started off really easy and had some creek crossings and lots of over hanging ferns with fan tails flitting along with me. Awesome, but eventually i had to give up and turn around as it quickly became to steep for me to ride up (or down).

but I still had a blast.

1 comment:

Glennis said...

How lovely that track looks - so cool and green, an awesome day and place for a bike ride. Wish I was there.