Sunday, March 04, 2007

ASB Womens Triathlon



Today I entered the ASB Womens Triathlon. This is a 200m swim, 12km bike and 3 km run/walk.





Here I am getting ready to start the swim. I am adjusting my attractive looking googles ... hehe...



I ran out of the pool, grabbed my gear and dragged on my shorts over wet legs and grass covered feet.

Helmet on, glasses on and off I race. 3 laps and I must say that the last lap was a grind. It may not have been a steep street but it really slowed you down and your legs and butt complained bitterly!!



With the bike ride over I headed out to complete the walk. For the first time I got a really bad stitch which took for the first lap to go away, so the second lap it was head down and go.



I won the walkers section of this event.....yayayaya.... I won a $50 voucher and also got a spot prize - a bottle of wine. Turns out that there was an error on the day and they mucked up the times. I was placed 2nd with Rhonda Murphy from Blenheim winning the event, they missed her when she crossed the finish line.


So needless to say, I am now writting this up while waiting for my wine to chill.


Next event in Round 2 in the Rabbit Island series then The Taylors Womens Triathlon







No comments: