Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nelson Sportsperson of the Year

About a month ago Athletics Nelson nominated myself and my coach for the Masters section of the Nelson/Tasman Sportsperson of the Year.

Not long after nominations closed my husband and I went over seas for a much needed holiday. We were gone for two weeks and I had no idea of when we would hear about the awards.

I contacted my coach to see if he had heard anything, but he hadnt.

Well today I got a letter in the mail from Sports Tasman to say I have been selected as a finalist in the Masters Catagory. I am thrilled. I truely didnt expect to be selected, it was an honour to have been nominated by the club.

I have not heard from my coach yet, so I am unsure if he has been selected too. But I am fairly confident that he will have been.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Well done! Good luck!