Thursday, August 26, 2010

10km Walk

Well I have had such a frantic day at work. To top it off we made the front page of the local paper...and not for anything good!! so pressure is now on and we are all told to prepare for damage control tomorrow. So I really needed to blow some steam off. My training program had me down for a 10km at 92% so about 6:25 pace....I didnt really feel like doing a walk at all as my body was rather tired from the last three days and all the stress at work, but I figured just heading out was better than no walk.

I decided to walk around the waterfront again...I love this walk as the sea de-stress's me..even with the uneven foot path and odd camber I still enjoy this just for the scenery and the smell of the sea etc. It was a nice mild evening, had just stopped raining and was perfect for a walk. I headed out and was nice and slow for the first km as I was just letting the body warm up and stretch out, then I started feeling pretty good so I picked up the pace and just went with the flow.

I am really happy with my time. Its nothing flash but 61:59 is acceptable.

10 km training data and 1km splits
10km Kfc and port walk by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

I also managed to get another appointment with the Foot Doc and have now got my inserts. They will take SOME getting used to and I don't think I will be racing with them just yet. My feet will defiantly ache while getting used to them. But just standing in them was odd as they lifted my feet up and straightened up my legs and knees, so it will be very interesting to see how I go with walking in them.

No comments: