Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finally a good walk

I cant believe I actually entered myself into the NZ Road Champs. I must have had a very weak moment. I have been plagued with injuries, have done almost zero training and its only two weeks away.

Ok its only 10km, but so far my few and far between walks I have been struggling to stick at 6.20pace and so my best 10km time so far is 62 mins....

I know my coach has said it will be good to get in front of judges again and I am meant to be starting my training for the 20km Long Distance Walks so its good to get some feed back on style etc. But I am really nervous about it this time. I have been slowly tweaking my style, plus with my calf and ankle hurting there has not been much chance to go and do too much.

But tonight I went out quickly and zipped around the block. Its a 5km course with a short sharp hill/rise that flows into about 1km down hill then its 2km home on a slight uphill rise. I did my fastest time around it tonight. I got it done in a speedy 30min 8secs. I can go to work tomorrow and say that the pie I ate for lunch was not so bad for me after all...hahahaha

So this quick little walk gave me a much need confidence boost.

Now its time to give myself a good telling off and hit the road every day to build up my km's and my fitness for the Long Distance in October.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Ok, now I see what your workout was :). Great job especially on those hills! Mine was flat and at the track so yours was definitely faster, speedy lady!!! You will do great in a couple weeks. Besides, the big one is next summer :)!!! So get better and we'll have an awesome race!