Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8 km training walk

Well after totally busting my gut on the 5km last night, I was not expecting too much for tonight's 8km. My prog had me down for 10km tonight but I finished work late and I didn't want to be out in the dark on my own tonight so I opted for 8km.

I figured the best route was - out from home to 4km and then turn and come back, but the light was going pretty quick so I made the choice to turn around at 3.5km and make up the extra 1 km around the block near home so I would at least feel safer. I made it in 50:43 .... my avg on my prog was to aim for 6.25 pace and I did it in 6.20 pace..so I am rapt.

so here is my data with my km splits.
8 km out and back along the railway reserve by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

It was a hard slog home as once I turned around it was all up hill the whole way home but even so I am pleased that with tired legs I still felt ok. But I am going to have to have a very long and vocal talk to my boss about his smoking. Its not major but he lights his smoke in his office and then walks out side with it. The residual smoke is minimal but annoying and if its raining he smokes in the smoko (lunch) room which means I cant go in there as I can smell it and it chokes up my lungs. I am noticing it when training now so I plan to in force the NO SMOKING policy....wish me luck.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

50:43, huh? I did an 8K on Monday in 50:48. We're twins or something...crazy!

Good luck w/your boss. He probably has no idea it's bugging you. You're doing the right thing though it sure is hard. I bet others are really bothered by it too.