Tuesday, June 10, 2014

5 km recovery on treadmill

As no one was walking tonight I decided to hop down stairs on the treadmill.   It would also give me a chance to fiddle with my watch a little.  It says on the site that the watch can tell the distance you walk....I find this hard to believe so I did take if off auto lap.  (hindsite...I will leave it be)

I started the treadmill and 20 seconds into the walk I had to stop it and reset it as it was set in miles!  Grrrrr so I reset it in kms and started again.  I set the treadmill to 9.5km/hr and decided to just tick along at that pace.  I was really surprised to see that my watch was matching the kms on the treadmill....how did it do that???  when the treadmil hit 1km I clicked lap on my watch and after that the watch was about 10mts out per km for each km.   I was really pleased that the watch kept distance so well.

I was surprised that the only part hurting was my shins.  My hip was good and while my SI did niggle it was not as bad as it had been in the last couple of weeks.  I think the chiro got it right on Friday.  Plus I have been in my kicks with inserts all day everyday....so no chance for my arch to collapse.

for my 5km I did 31.17

tomorrow I will go for another 5km along the walkway and then a 6km with the guys on Thursday.  If I still feel good then I will enter the 10km champs on the weekend.

5km data

No comments: