Thursday, June 05, 2014

8km and new watch

My watch arrived today, so I charged it up at work and then during my lunch break - set it up so it was ready to take for a walk tonight.  

It was so easy to set up and my first find was how light it is.  Plus the touch screen is very responsive and easy to work through.

I met up with Paul, Deb and Kay at our usual spot on the Broadbeach walkway.  My watch found satellites quick and we were ready to go in under 30secs.  I was only going to tick along tonight and stretch my legs out.  My back has been hurting since the chiro adjustment.  Muscular pain not bone.  I was very pleased to hear my watch chime off at the km mark exactly as it was marked out and it showed me my km time in large print.  I didnt check to see if the pace was correct as I wasnt worried to much about that tonight.

On the last lap of the walk way both Paul and I has some gastro issues and had to do a sudden and urgent veer to the toilets - My stomach had been playing up all day as I am still adjusting to my new diet and still get some gastro distress in the afternoons.  As I didnt start my walk back at the spot I had stopped.  I had to walk a further 20m at the end to make it up for 8km.  I have to say that I was very pleased with how the watch responded and the data it gave me.  At the end of this walk it flashed and told me I had 4 new personal bests ..... fastest  KM, fastest Mile, fastest 5km and longest walk.   I am really looking forward to seeing this change as my training picks up again.

I am VERY pleased with my watch.  I will look into buying the special heart strap that goes with it (Garmin only replaced my watch not the bundle)  I just have to find somewhere that sells it.

total time for our 8km was an easy 55:54

8 km data

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Is it a 620? Which model? :)

Tammy said...

Is it a 620? Which model? :)

Tammy said...

Haha leaving extra comments for you sorry Nyle. Hope your tummy settles soon.