Monday, July 06, 2009

New Walking Program

Today I met with my coach and have been given my new 5 week program. Drills twice a week, 3 road walks each week and two track sessions.

I do my first 7km training walk tomorrow night with 6min/km as my pace guide. I am looking at reducing my times down so for 5km I post a 27min on the track and for the 10km road walk I post a 58 mins. I feel confident that I will hit them bang on..... but must admit to first day training jitters.

To start out at my old race pace is daunting to say the least. But I trust my coach and know he knows best.

I will keep you all up to date on how my training is going.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great to "meet" you Nyle :). YES, you can definitely do under 60 min for 10K RW! I wish I was able to go to the Worlds this year but that will have to wait until 2011 when they are in Sacramento, CA.

We are similar age (I'm 39, 40 next March) and speed so it will be fun to keep up w/you on your blog!