Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wow .. What a night after some week.....

Well my training took a turn for the worst last week. I completed my drills on Thursday with my husband helping me by calling out all the funny exercises we do (while also laughing at how silly I looked) Friday was my day off but I woke with terrible stomach pains and the return of the "Deli Belly" that I caught while in Phuket. So it was a very short day at work with more time spent in the "small" office than my desk. I was also heading away to spend a girly weekend with my best mate in Blenheim. I must say that it was a rather uncomfortable trip over, but thankfully seemed to clear itself by that night.

I was meant to try to gain entry to the track over there and complete my track sessions, but with my tummy the way it was there was just no chance. I returned home on Sunday and still felt terrible so opted again for no training. Then the guilt set in.....

Monday was drills so hubby came with me again and helped me - this time he didn't need to giggle at me, the cleaners at the school did that for him.

Tuesday was first night back on for training. It was meant to be 8km but my stomach was very sore still and I was unsure of what speed I could do or how long. I met up with Pete (my training partner) and hubby (who runs with us) and we set out. It was raining and very very cold approx 4 degree's. We set off will full intent on doing 8km no matter what the pace was but at the 2.5km mark I knew I would'nt make it so made the decision to turn back - plus none of us had jackets and it was raining hard. We did 5km in 30.34 not the 29.40 I should be doing for 5km BUT...I didn't beat my self up in fact I was really pleased with that time, as at least I was out there trying.

Wednesday 5km tonight. Pete couldn't make it and I was really worried as I was unsure if I could reach target time with out him setting the pace, so I rang hubby and asked if he wanted to come and so I picked him up on the way. I felt great tonight. Tummy felt fine, legs and lungs were great. The night was perfect with little breeze and mild about 10deg. We set off and as per normal I went out too quick but we quickly settled into a steady pace. It has been awesome having my hubby come along when we go out as he has learnt our pace. So he slotted into Pete's spot just in front of me and lead the way. I of course chased after him. I always hit the wall at the 4km mark...(am unsure of why) but we did slow a little here. Hubby picked up on this and called back some support and off we went again. I was almost too afraid to look at the time when I clicked my GPS. Had I gone under or over...... Tonight I had to do 29.40sec............................I did....................A PERSONAL BEST EVER!!!!!!! 29.28secs
Here are my Km times
5.46
5.52
5.48
6.07
5.53
So the time off from training didn't do me any harm, if anything, it gave me a huge improvement for my short distance.

1 comment:

Glennis said...

hello nyle from noumea. not easy to do from here. see you next week: