Thursday, July 31, 2014

10km Broadbeach

Sadly all my walking buddies are sick with head colds and have had this week off walking.  But I had decided I would still go and do my 8km and just enjoy turning my legs over.

Once I got to the walkway and started out I changed my mind and decided to carry on and do 10km.  I really need some distance in my legs at the moment.  I think I am lacking speed due to weight gain, lack of fitness and not enough flexibility.  So I am only going to change all those by getting out there and walking.

It wasnt as scary as I thought it would be.  I had my jacket with the built in lights so people could see me on and the path itself is pretty well lit so I can see where I am going.

While I was slow, it was still nice to get out there and just walk.  A great stress reliever thats for sure.  I need to sit down and work out a program now so that I can start to build up for Pan Pac's.  My first goal is to get used to walking 3 days in a row and also trying to get one walk a week over 10km.

tonight it was 10km in 1.05.48  avg heart rate was 147 so showed I was just ticking my legs over.

10km walkway

No comments: