Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Track session and style makeover



Today we had Dave Smith coming down from Brisbane to take another coaching session.  Its great to have some one of his level watch over us and give us all pointers.

First up he showed us drills - I know drills but he put more emphasis to these ones and they certainly got the hips warmed up and moving.  Next we went through some important stretches focused more for racewalking.

Once warmed up he sent us out to do 12 x 200m....with a 1 min rest between them.   At first I was still tight and trying to hard ...but once I relaxed my hips dropped and I started to use my glutes and I just flowed.  He had me walking on the lines at the track to really help me plant my heel in front of my body to help bring the hip around.  When I felt I had it .... it felt smooth and my speed picked up.

On my last 200m I got someone to video me and also kay.  Here is the unedited video that shows both myself and kay.  Next time at the track I will get some more video and put it up.  

My 200's were :-
1.05
1.03
1.02
1.01
1.01
1.02
1.03
1.02
1.01
1.01
I am very happy with that.   Once I warmed up and relaxed, I felt great.

track data

No comments: