Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Finding my Mogo again...

The Victor
by: C. W. Longenecker

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win but think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are out classed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of your-self before
You can ever win the prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.


Today I went out and did a slow 7km walk. I needed to get my focus back on deck. It has been a stressfull couple of weeks, with flu hitting, my daughters scooter being stolen, then finding it - damaged and a few job interviews to throw into the mix. I lost my heart for it all. I went "flat" and mentally gave up.

A friend of mine emailed me the above poem and told me to get back out on the road. To focus on Sydney as it was now 6 weeks away and now was not the time for a minor melt down.

So I went out for a walk I could enjoy ... and I did. It was a gentle racewalk and my training partner (my rabbit) ran with me as he has injured his leg and cant race walk yet. We posted 43:21 but we were able to chat the whole way and have a few laughs.

I have spoken to my coach and we are tweeking my program and starting tomorrow its rebuild time.



You've got to believe if you want to succeed.

1 comment:

Glennis said...

Should be no problems here, I believe and you believe you can do it, just get on and do it daughter!
Great poem, inspiring.