Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sponsers and Training


Photo is of me on my training walk today, it had stopped snowing and was a little warmer tonight.

I have not had a chance to get on line and up date my blog this week. It has been a busy week.

To start with I had set myself a goal of how much sponsorship I wanted to achieve. I wanted to sell 10 golds, 10 silvers and 10 Bronze. I am thrilled to say that I have sold all 10 of my Golds, 3 of Silvers and 4 Bronze. I will try for one more week to sell off the last of my silver and bronze and that will be it. I have put my sponsors on my training top (as per photo's) and yes I do train in it. My training partner says its like walking with a advertising billboard .. haha...funny man!! I have also put the same names onto my training bag, it looks very official now.

My physio is now over and my injury is holding. I wouldn't say I am completely healed but I am managing to train with no pain...its just very tight when I have cooled down. So with ice and gentle stretches it is slowly getting better.

I have dropped my shoes to the podiatrist and he is working on a support to take the pressure of my nerves. I have opted to only have one pair done...just in case. So I am hoping to have them back for next weeks training.

So this week I have done

Tues 22 - 5 km in 29:40 avg pace 5:56/km
Thurs 24 - 6 km in 35:16 avg pace 5:53/km
Sat 26 - 7.5 km in 45:46 avg pace 6:06/km

Am off for another 7km walk in the morning with my coach and hubby.

My training top below with all my "gold" sponsors

1 comment:

Glennis said...

Good one Nyle, so good that I pinched the photos and story for my blog! So glad you have found sponsorship, and your legs are better.