Thursday, June 21, 2012

3km fartlek - walkway

I decided it was easier to use the measured walkway near home for this workout.  Rather than drive to the track and pay $$ to use the track for such a short workout.

The track was pretty busy so I had to weave in and out of people but it didnt really hinder me too much.  There is a very slight rise along part of the walk way but I doubt it would cost me too much in seconds per km so if I keep using this walk way I can gauge if I am improving.

I was still feeling pretty tired, I am adjusting to working full time and also to the humidity here.  The first km I actually felt pretty good.  I was going as fast as I could.  I then slowed for my easy 500m but I did struggle to pick up for the next fast 500m.  I focused on using my glutes and pushing off from my toes.  The last 500m I pushed as hard as I could.

1km = 5:30:8
3:01:4 + 2:50:3 = 5:51:7
3:01:4 + 2:46:2 = 5:47:6
total time 17:10


3km fartlek - walkway

No comments: