Sunday, November 17, 2013

Xray results and my week that followed

I asked my chiro to book me in for xrays and I must say the results show why I am having such trouble.  1st I have little bend in my spine in the right places and too much in the wrong places.  2nd ...front on I have one hip higher than the other and the break in my pelvis looks to have not set correctly plus there seems to be a chunk out of the ball joint of that hip too.

So I have ALOT of work to do.  I have to work on my lower core, abs, back, butt and then also stretch my hammys ALOT.  (to confess....I actually cant touch my toes when standing....I can get to the tips of my ankles)  This WILL change.


I have too much curve down low and none up top

so you can see here left side is higher that right...right side was the broken side

So for the last week I have been doing about 30mins of stretching and strength exercises ... but no walking!... my hamstring is still angry so while I let that settle I have been doing alot of core work and lower back and glute work.  

So here it is Sunday................ I decided to try for a 5km walk.  I had a good snap crack with Mark on Weds and my SI joint was feeling much better.  My hamstring was tight but now sore...so I thought yep lets do this.

Wow is all I can say.  I started out way to fast but at the time it didnt feel fast.  I felt great and was shocked to see my time of 5:40......whoa...ease that up!!!!.... but I actually kept it up for most of the way.  I got tired on the way back but wow..........this was a huge confidence booster. 

I finished my walk in 28.55 looking at my data I kinda fartleked it....I was surging each km...but I felt great and my heart rate on increased on the return when I was getting tired.  I am so thrilled with this...it proves to me that the last 4 days of stretching and strength exercises have and are working.



No comments: