Sunday, November 03, 2013

10km up hedges ave and back

Time to kick my own butt!!!!

I slacked off while my son visited but I had already been wishy washy about my training......but the time has come for me to get my act together.  I want to aim towards Australian Masters Track and Field in Hobart and this is March next year so I need to start getting some distance under me and to build up some strength.

So I have written my self up a new program for walking and I plan to also make use of our home gym after work.  The hardest part for me is getting used to training before work..........back to the solo training at 5.30am.  Well at least it wont be too hot so thats a bonus hey.

Today I set off to do 10km.  I am still a little tender from my sprints last week and some new moves learnt at Burlesque.  But I made it through the walk ok.  My heart rate is up a little but that is to be expected.

It was 28 degs and 75% humidity tonight .... making it a very hot and stick walk.   The small tender spot on leg annoyed me at about 9km but other than that I was ok.  Still having pain in my right shin/ankle after the walk .. but it doesnt seem to annoy me during the walk.

total time was 1:01:29 Very happy with that.

10 data

No comments: