Thursday, July 05, 2012

3km fartlek

I have not been able to train for the last week due to a nasty ear infection.  It has blocked off my left ear completely leaving me totally deaf and uncoordinated.  I am back to the dr tomorrow to get it looked at again.  I decided that I would try to do a short walk around the track.  Seeing as I veer to the left when I am walking I figured that track work is probably best.

I was also meeting up with Robyn to sort out transport and details for the 10km race this Sunday in Brisbane.

I started out and first thing I found was I couldnt breath.  I was blocked up and was unable to breath through my nose.  The first km was pretty tough and I was pushing as hard as I felt I could.  My nose was running and I was coughing and spluttering like mad.  The only really good part of my walk was NO pain anywhere!!!  no hip pain, no shin pain and no IT band pain.  Its taken 2 months to settle all my aches and pains ... so for that news I was pretty pleased.

It was not my fastest walk but it was also not my slowest.  With a 10km race on Sunday I didnt want to bust my guts today and I hope that my hearing / ear comes right by Sunday.

1st km = 5:33
2nd km = 2.58 + 2.41
3rd km = 2.54 + 2.40

total time = 16.48 avg heat rate = 162

lots of room for improvement but I have to start from somewhere.

3km fartlek

No comments: