Thursday, November 11, 2010

10 km Training around Monaco

Tonight I was to do 10km. I was to practice my new style for 400m and then walk my old style 1600m....

Well I started out from work thinking that the Monaco course (used in the Nelson Half Marathon) would be 10km...turns out its only 9km. Today was one of our hottest days so far. It was 23 deg with humidity of 84% and tomorrow its meant to get to 25 deg. Our heat is scorching. Today I forgot to put sunscreen on and being out there for an hour I am quite sun burnt. Silly me. For the first 2km my calf was really sore, in fact I thought of stopping and walking back to work at one stage. But I pressed on and it came right by the 4 km mark. It was getting hotter and hotter while I was out walking and I was struggling a little on the last few km as I had not carried any water and there is no where to stop and grab a drink on this loop. (note to self....carry water from now on!) My toes were starting to hurt by 9km and I really just wanted to stop, specially when the 9km was right by my car....but I pressed on for another 500m before turning back to make it a full 10km. It was an ok walk. Still adjusting to the new style, with now having a slight sore back and calf. I am sure these are just settling things and muscles adjusting to the changes.

Talking of changes, my daughter Shakara has just been offered a job in Cairns Australia. She has accepted and heads away in Jan next year. Gosh thats only 8 weeks away.....SOB!! It is a huge step for her but I will miss her lots. Lucky for skype!!!!


Garmin Data here:-
10 km Monaco Loop by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: