Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pub Run - Charlies Bar

Decided to do the Pub run today. I was hoping to walk with a couple of the other walkers but I think most of them had gone out and walked the Mahana Half today or the 10km.

My feet were still a little tender so I had already decided to take it pretty quiet. It was a course I had not walked before and I was not sure of where it went. When I got to the start and found out that we were to go over Days track....I thought ... geep there go my toes. Days track is pretty much a vertical path that is pretty much all steps. It is hard going and then just as steep on the down side. So need less to say I took it very slowly and saved my toes.

It was a scoring hot day today. My hubby and I had spent the morning at the Flea Market and managed to pick up a couple of Xmas presents and some ideas to go back for. I was quite sun burnt just from the 2 hour wander but silly me still didnt think to put sun screen on ... so I am really very pink right now.

Even though I was very slow on this walk...I still enjoyed myself. There was on a small hand full of us out there and we had a great time calling out to each other and encouraging along the way.

So in the end it was 6.30 km for 44:21 so now I have to figure out a nice flat course for tomorrows 15km.......possibly that I will walk out from home and do the atawhai walkway....I think that it will just make up to 15km from memory.

Pub Run - Charlies Bar

No comments: