Tuesday, November 23, 2010

8km - Monaco out and back - A SMASHING walk

Well today was the first day that I have felt 100% well. I was down to do 8km tonight and I was really looking forward to getting out and have a nice walk.

I had a long and mentally draining day at work and a good walk was going to clear my head. It was a nice warm day with a breeze that helped to keep you cool. Temp was approx 20deg today.

It is easy for me to zip out from my work and walk along the Half marathon course, it is a fairly flat course and nice and handy. Today I just walked out for 4km and turned back. I started out cold and decided to use the first km as my warm up. I felt great, was not breathing hard or pushing hard. My style felt different, easier and lighter. I tucked my butt in under me and off I went. I was quite surprised to see my first km click over at 6.04

I zipped along happily listening to my music and going over my day when I had an ambulance and a fire engine go roaring past and I looked up and saw that there had been a large car crash at the round a bout ahead of me. My 4km turn point was just down from the accident so I turned back and noticed that there was quite a build up of cars now on the motorway beside me. About half way back I noticed a truck driving a tad too fast for the build up of traffic, the driver was too busy looking up ahead at the crash to notice that all the cars in front of him had stopped.....when he finally did notice there was a flurry of brakes, smoke from his wheels locking up and an almighty BANG as he crashed into the car in front and the car behind him crashed into him. I kept walking as no one was hurt..just lots of glass and language being thrown around.

I was coming up to the 5km mark and looked at my watch to see it was 30:05 WOW I thought....This is a GREAT walk. I kept going along the walk way and when I could see my work I pushed hard to have a good finish and time. Tonight it was 8km for 48:05 so thats an avg pace of 6:00 and avg heart rate of 153

A great walk much needed before my half marathon in two weeks.

Heres my data (I have noticed that Garmin are now using BING for their maps and they are not as nice looking)
8km - Monaco out and back by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

Tammy said...

that is just incredible! You are doing SO WELL!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!