Wednesday, November 24, 2010

5km Series - Churchill Ave

The 5km tonight was not the course that was advertised on the site. So we all fronted up expecting a nice flat course only to be told it was Churchill Street. This one is an undulating course with the 3 & 4 km's going up and down some good hills. But we all love the last km as its straight down Queen Street and you can pick up a good pace here.

I was feeling good again tonight and set out to just have a nice good walk. I didnt expect to fast a time as I am not good on hills and so once we reached the hills I just dropped to a power walk and chatting to the young jogger beside me. So I was quite surprised to cross the finish in 30:21 it shows that my fitness has come back and I now feel quite confident of a good race in two weeks.

I also went and brought some Black Currant Power to try. http://www.sujon.co.nz/powder.htm check out the website about this new product. The manager of Sujon is very keen to hear back from me to see how I find the product. It is meant to be fantastic in recovery, in adding injury and for stamina.

Here is my data from the race.
5km Series - Churchill Ave by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: