Sunday, November 21, 2010

4.5 gentle walk

After dropping my gorgeous grand daughter home I decided I would go for a very gentle walk. I was feeling much better, no runny nose or blocked nose, no aching muscles...all I had left was a slight sinus headache.

It had just stopped raining as there was a slight breeze. It was still a nice warm day though so just went out in tee shirt and shorts. I decided to just go along the track out side our house. It is 2km in length so I figured that if I was not feeling up to it I could stop and just wander home. Turns out that the fresh air was just what I needed. It felt nice to get out and stretch the legs. I kept it nice and gentle and didnt push myself at all.

What was meant to be 3km turned into 4.5km as I opted to walk back around the road as it is flatter and I was feeling fine. So in total 29:02 for 4.5km = avg pace 6:27 and avg heart rate 138

Here's my data for the walk

4.5 gentle style walk by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

When I was finished it turned out I stopped right out side my friends house, so I wandered in for a chat and we sat outside in the sun and chatted for a bit. It was a lovely finish to my walk.

We chatted about the miners trapped in Greymouth, both of us hoping that they are alright but I guess a small touch of reality is also saying...there has been no contact with them, there is a chance they may not be ok. So like the Chilean miners...the whole world sits and watches Greymouth and waits and prays. I too send my thoughts of hope and of courage for the rescuers who are faced with going down into the mine to look for them.

No comments: