Wednesday, November 03, 2010

5km Series - Otia Drive

Tonight I decided to go out and do the 5km series. My legs were feeling pretty good, it was my body that was not. After eating way too much junk food over the last 4 days I was feeling a tad "stodgy"

So I thought just go and have a nice walk and enjoy yourself....in fact so much so that I was half way out when I realized I had left my Garmin watch at home. So gentle it was going to be.

Otia Drive is a chunky course with the first 2 km being relatively flat but the last 3 is up and down and up some more. So I opted to walk beside Pete, my old training partner and we chatted as we went but there was a brief discussion on who would cross the line first but with him stopping dead at the finish line, meant I bet him lol.

So time for the 5km was 32.05 which is not too bad as my fastest time on this course was 2 years ago at 30.54

No comments: