Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tired and sore - a slow 11km

Tonight I was to down to do 12km. I decided to go round the big block and add a small loop at the end to make up the last extra 1km, but that was not to be tonight.

I started out and I felt tired and I had sore feet. As I walked out up along the track I had already decided to just go for the distance and not worry too much about pace tonight. By 6km my toes were hurting ALOT. My 2nd toe is longer than my big toe and so it hits the inside of my shoe and I often get very sore tips of my toes plus black toenails.

I kept going thinking that I could just push through the pain but they started to hurt more and more. Plus for the first time in a very long time my tummy decided to play up and at the 9km mark I had to make a hasty dash across the park to the public toilet. The last km home was very painful and I nearly gave up to just walk normally. So it ended up only being 11km for a very slow 1:12:02 but that's not too bad after two very fast and great days.

12km training walk by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: