Saturday, November 20, 2010

what a waste of a week!

I HATE being sick....in fact I loath it.

I woke up last Monday with a runny nose and refused to concede that it could be a head cold. I went out training on Tuesday and pushed myself through to complete 8km, but did suffer for it that night. On Weds night I went out to the Weds Walk Series and pushed myself along through that but by 2.5 km had to pull up and admit I didn't feel well. Since then I have spent Thurs and Friday at my new job feeling miserable!!! It is just a silly head cold.... I have a runny nose, body aches and my forehead/sinus's feels like I have been sniffing petrol.

Its Saturday and I thought I would be able to do a gentle 3km today, but there was no way. My nose is not running anymore but I feel faint .. ALL the time, I struggled to walk to the letter box and back inside. So it is day 3 with no exercise for me.

I feel wracked with guilt, I feel like I have let my self down, my coach down....I feel awful. Plus with the scales kindly saying to me today "one at a time please" didn't help. So I have been in a bad mood ALL day!!! a real black cloud over the head with wee lightening bolts type bad mood. I actually think that tonight was the first night my husband was pleased to be working a night shift.

Since I took the job at Norris Management my diet went out the window and my weight went sky high. Since then I have struggled to get it back under control. I was shocked when I weighed in this morning. In the last 5 months I have gained just over 5kg....that's nearly a stone!!! No wonder I feel so sluggish and yucky when training. I am pleased that with my new job, I actually get lunch breaks and that I can make something healthy or I can buy a healthy sandwich from the bakery on the way to work. So I am sure it will all work off soon enough, it was just a shock that I really didnt want to face up to this week.

Sorry for taking my bad mood out on you who read this but there was no one else around to vent to....even the cats have kept their distance tonight.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

awww, Nyle, :( I feel your pain EXACTLY :(. This cold SUCKS and don't know if you have the same one but it's just awful - it totally wipes you out. And the weight ... know how that feels too. I'm not where I want to be and it's hard. My mood was right down there with yours :( in the dumps :(.

BUT we can get through this! Let's make this next week better. Eat right, hopefully work out once we're healthy, and one day at a time we'll start to feel better :). Hang in there, my friend!