Thursday, February 21, 2013

5km Track Feels GOOD

Its been pouring all day.  I almost didnt think track was going to happen, but thankfully the weather held off and I made it.

Tonight was 5km at about 75% again in my new arch supports.  My feet were feeling a little achy from the supports.  They feel very high and I am sure that is normal.

It was really busy tonight at the track.  I did a couple of laps to warm up and then decided that my warm up pace was nice and I would just start my 5km at that.  About now the others had all arrived so as I completed my first lap a couple of the walkers were on the track so I slowed and chatted for a moment and then they jogged as I picked up the pace again.  We did this a couple of times so my first km was a good conservative pace.  After that they started out on their work outs and I carried on for mine.  My next km I had settled into a nice steady pace.  It felt easy and relaxed.  My 2nd and 3rd km were pretty much the same times so I decided to pick up the pace a little.  Keeping check on all my aches with each stride.  I felt the best I have in a long time.  My stride felt free and easy, no limp or shatter of pain with each step.

When the 4th km dropped and it still felt easy I thought.....why not make it a mini kick down to please the coach....so I picked up the last km.  I can see my heart rate rocket up but my breathing was not to bad.

1st km 6:23
2nd km 6:06
3rd km 6.06
4th km 6.02
5th km 5.51
total time for 5km was 30:30
I am ecstatic about that time.  It shows me that a sub 30 is possible for AMA :)
5km track data

No comments: