Tuesday, September 17, 2013

3.2 miles on the treadmill

I was naughty today.....lazy naughty....... It was meant to be an early storm and raining so I didnt set my alarm for my early training time.........the extra sleep was sooo good, but the blue sky made me feel guilty for it.

So I made a pact with myself that if I didnt train I would do the treadmill when I got home.  So I headed down at 6pm to the treadmill.  There was a guy who just got off it and we chatted briefly...he had a very strong french accent and was very charming.  So my first and only lesson of the night....Rule No 132 ALWAYS check your treadmill settings before committing to the walk.

I started out pressed my watch and started going up in the speed...I got to 6 and thought wow, I am starting to find this a bit to fast but I normally have it on 10?? so I stopped at 6.2 and settled in for a few mins ... after about 5mins my watch chirps that I have done a km...........but the treadmill says 600m??? What on earth was going on.........then I twigged..... it was set to imperal!!!!! bugger it was in miles and my watch was using the foot pod that I have not yet calibrated.  OH JOY.

So after 20 mins I press the pace up to 6.4 and left it on that.  I stopped at 30mins - have to as treadmill goes into auto cool down then.  So I took note of my distance.

I had walk 3.2 miles in 30mins - I think that equals 5.149 km and that means I was walking 5:50 pace.

VERY happy with that

3.2 miles data

No comments: