Tuesday, May 21, 2013

10km Recovery walk - No watch

My legs did feel better today.  My right hamstring is still very tight but over the day it did start to feel a little better.

I met up with Kay and Paul at the start of the Broadbeach walkway.  They were doing 10km and my coach had said to walk with them for the recovery.  I realised I had forgotten my GPS watch but I was not too worried about it.  We started out and for the first km my right hamstring was really hurting and I was starting to think I was going to have to turn back....but it did warm up and start to feel ok.

We headed up along Hedges Ave....its dark and has a terrible camber.  It doesnt seem to effect me too much going slowly but as soon as I start gearing up my pace I will need to find another route.

It was a great walk, with us all chatting away and then meeting up with Robyn on the way back.  Paul and Kay are training for the LGB in Canberra but I have opted not to go to this race.  I will instead head to Cairns in August for the 1st Great Barrier Reef Masters Games.  I am really looking forward to this trip as I will get to have a look around.  Last time I was in Cairns I was focused on my kids and grandkids so this trip will be a look around and site see while competing.

Total time for our 10km walk was 1:13 and I am more than happy with that.

No comments: