Monday, December 20, 2010

10 x 200m track speed work

Yay its not raining.......and the wind has stopped!!! ok, its still overcast and looks like it will rain any moment...but the track is dry for now.

I was meeting up with other walkers today at the track to go over drills and walking techniques. Stephen and I try to met up each Monday to help them and he is still Coaching many of the other walkers. As our first walker had canceled he helped me out with my 200m splits. As I was not 100% sure that I was legal when I was try to go fast he helped me out by judging me. It was great and he was really surprised at how much my style had changed.

I was nervous about doing 10 x 200m as last time I had gone out way too fast and wore myself out half way through the workout. So this time I decided to focus on style and technique and the speed will come. Funny thing is I was pretty consistent with my pace through out this time. I did miss hitting lap on about lap 6 - hitting the stop instead of lap so I lost 1 200m's data so I added another one at the end. Silly thing is I also lost count on how many I had done and I see now that I have data for 11 x 200m so I actually did 12 today...cant say I am not putting in the work now.... lol

so my 200m splits were :- 57, 56, 57, 58, 58, 58, 57, 58, 58, 56, 57 and my heart rate max was 163 which is not too bad. Showing that my fitness is starting to come together.

10 x 200m track speed work

No comments: