Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5km Series - St James

Tonights course is the St James Walkway. I have not done this one before and again I had decided to walk with Stephen. He has been out walking abit and is starting to get fitter....gosh it wont be long before I cant keep up with him anymore - will be like old times haha.

It was a hot and muggy evening and we all really felt it out there. St James turns out to be one of the best course's. It is pretty much flat and nice and easy to walk. Stephen an I were chatting away as we headed out being very conservative and just making sure he was feeling ok. But as each km passed I noticed we were getting faster and faster and before long we had gone from 6.20/km to under 6/km - Yep I ended up doing a kick back work out.

So my 5km was done in 31.09 which really surprised us. Tomorrow I am going to meet up with Pete and Stephen and head off for a 10km walk...it will be so nice to have some company.

5km Series - St James

No comments: