Friday, December 31, 2010

10km Kick down - atawhai

Today was a busy day.

We had prepared the garage roof yesterday. Shane had gotten up and sanded back the rust and spray zinc stuff on it. Today we were to paint. We had decided to get up early and start painting while there was no wind and it was not too hot. But by 9am it was already 22deg with not a cloud in the sky. Needless to say we both got burnt to a crisp. The garage roof looks awesome again and the blue ends have been redone and so now it looks like new again.

We finished up by lunch time and came inside to sit out the heat of the day. I decided to go out and do the 10km at 4pm thinking it would have cooled off a little. It was 26deg when I went out....my goodness it was hot.

This one went fairly well. I think I started out a little slow but I had set my watch to record each lap at 2.5km and it shows good drops in pace for each one. So hopefully coach is happy with that.

lap 1 - 16:40
lap 2 - 15:55
lap 3 - 15:37
lap 4 - 14:52

total time 1:03:06

10km Kick down - atawhai

No comments: