Friday, December 17, 2010

4 x 1km track

Its pouring.............I mean, REALLY POURING. Not the I'm going to get a little wet kind but the I will be soaked by the time I get out of my car kind.......

I got down to the track and its totally deserted of people but I do have a large audience of Paradise Ducks, Oyster Catchers and Spur Wing Plovers! They were munching on worms in the centre of the track and didnt really seem to fussed that I was down there splashing around in the huge puddles......the track was just one puddle really. Its a brand new track and they are still sorting out drainage issues. So its a good inch or two deep of water in lane 1. The good news is ........NO WIND!!!!

So I decided to just get on with it. I was already wet so nothing worse was going to happen. It was tough going on the wet track as it feels kinda slippery but also drags on your feet. Jim had said not to compromise style for speed so I eased back a little (not that I was going that fast in the wet anyway) I was to do 800m then stop for 20secs and then sprint for the last 200. I was not sure on how to reflect this on my watch but after my first 800m I hit the pause instead of lap .. so thats how I kept doing it. So each of my 1km splits I have actually stopped for 20secs and then sprinted for the last 200m.

My Km splits are

1st km - 5:34
2nd km - 5:28
3rd km - 5:33
4th km - 5:32

4 x 1km track

No comments: