Wednesday, December 22, 2010

5km series - out and back

Its a hot dry and windy evening. You can smell the pollen from the Pine trees in the wind, and its playing havic with peoples asthma and eyes tonight.

Tonight is the Richmond 5km series and I shot out to have a good stretch out but I found out that it was the out and back course which has a couple of good wee hills that start at the 2km mark and you turn half way through them to repeat them again....

We started off and I sat on Wendy's heels for the first km or so but didnt have the fitness yet to stick to her all the way. Once we got to the Switch Back hills I had was pretty dry and my throat was pretty sore...so I walked up the hills.....normal walk/power walk and then blasted down the other side. I thought I would catch her up on the 2km straight to home but only managed to gain 20 or 30 m

I was pleased with my time as it was a sub 30min but all of us with GPS got a slightly shorter distance than 5km.....My time was 29:54

5km series - out and back Wensley

No comments: