Thursday, December 02, 2010

5km Series - Olypus Way

Well I did a really stupid thing on Weds Morning.............I slipped on my kitchen floor and it would appear that I have pulled a muscle in my inner thigh. Silly silly me!!!!

So tonight I was not sure if I should walk or not..........obviously I went with walk. But I did try really hard to take it easy with over 7mins for my first km........(which also included the 100 + steps that there are in this course..) but then once I got warm, it didnt seam to hurt any more and yes....I got all kinds of excited and myself and Pete chased after the two lead walkers. Slowly we made our way through all the walkers and stopped by each of them for a quick chat...or some cheek :0) It was so nice to see Bubbles out walking again and Sharon too.....I must say that this summer may just be the start of the Nelson walkers again.

It took until the 4.5km mark until we caught the top two walkers....and after much banter and cheek being thrown again....we zipped away to take the lead and cross the line together. It was still a conservative time but lots of fun had. 32:25 for 5km

5km Series - Olypus Way

So now I sit with ice on my leg cause once I cooled down...................my leg started to hurt. So with getting a bee sting on Sunday between my toes and now this........it is not a good start for the race this weekend. We are heading over to Blenheim on Friday night and will stay with my in laws (Shane's mum and dad) Then it will be up early on Saturday morning for a 7.40am start! I just hope its not too hot as so far this week its been a good 20deg by 8am......ugh.....lots and lots of water!!!!!

So wish me luck and I will up date on Saturday Night. This a first for Blenheim and they have 1000 people, awesome I say!!!

No comments: