Sunday, December 12, 2010

12 km out and back - Atawahi by kyisis at Garmin Connect - Details

What a busy day I have had......
First - I went out to the Athletic Track and helped out with the first ever inter club 2km Race walk. I judged and also was there to encourage 3 girls that came to me and asked me for help. They are runners and hurdlers but for next year at the Colgate Games they want to enter the Race Walk as well. Two of them are naturals and make it look so easy and 1 will get there with time and coaching. (She reminds me of myself when I started out) They did really well considering that today was the first time they had actually race walked for 2km. The good news is that two of them made it past the judges with no warnings or cards and one got warnings and 2 cards...but she didn't get a dq so she also made it to the finish.
Second - I raced back to my daughters flat and helped her tidy up and drop off all her stuff to the dump. She is moving to Cairns to live in the new year. Plus while there we had Josh (Teagan's parnter) pop round to take away her double mattress. I helped him throw it up on to the car roof and then we tied it down through the front doors.....funny thing about doing that........... he couldn't open the door to get into the car and had to do a Dukes of Hazard approach to get in. Much to Katie-Mays delight and laughter at watching her daddy climb through the window to get into the car.
Third - I had to train and do 12km - by now it was 3pm and I was feeling rather pooped and my back was rather sore???? must have tweaked it while throwing the mattress around. I took some voltarane and headed out at 4pm. Hubby decided to come along with me on his bike and also suggested he take a water bottle, as he knows I tend to train with no water.

It was a hot muggy day and I was feeling very tired. I struggled to get any rhythm going and in the end just concentrated on style and forgot about the time. I also forgot that I had forgotten to change my GPS settings and so after two km I had to press lap....so my laps are a little all over the show. But all in all I was really pleased to finish this one and the time was ok. 1:17:08 which was not too much slower that the other night.

Here is my data is you are wanting to take a peek :0)

12 km out and back - Atawahi

No comments: