Friday, December 24, 2010

4 x 1km reps at the track

Today's training was to be 4 x 1km reps and I chose to do these at the track as its easier to get the distance right. I had a terrible nights sleep as my stomach decided to play up all day and all night giving me terrible stomach cramps and pains. So bad that they woke me through the night so I was lucky to have gotten 3 hours sleep.

I headed to the track at 9am and put out an email to all the other walkers to come and join me so they could do drills or track walk. Stephen came down but he was the only keen one.

After a few laps to warm up, I readjusted the settings on my watch so that it would show me "current lap", "last lap" and lap count..........but for some reason when I pressed lap it double pressed it??? not sure what was going on there.  *update, have just figured out what happened to my watch..I had not taken auto lap off so when the gps thought I had done 1km it took a time and then also when I pressed lap.  So have changed the lap splits to the correct time.

So I started out and I felt tired but ok, the pace felt quick but I was not gasping. I rounded the 200m in 1:01 and thought then hmmm this is a little quick but I will roll with it and see what comes. I kept going at this pace and pushed hard for the last 100m but when I pressed lap it told me 12 secs.....so I had no idea of what my time was. I kept this up for the next 3 all with the same end result. I had guessed each km was about 5.30 ish

I came home and helped mow the lawns and then weeded the garden so it will look nice for Xmas day when Shane's family arrive for the day. My family are getting together at my daughters place for a bbq lunch so I will hopefully catch up with them all later in the day. It may be the last time for a while that all three kids are together for xmas seeing as Shakara is heading to Cairns to live in January.

So I finally came inside and up loaded my data and was totally surprised to see the actual times for my reps.

km 1 - 5:26
km 2 - 5:27
km 3 - 5:34
km 4 - 5:31

So that shows me that my fitness is coming along nicely. Now to put all the kms in a row and still do that pace.

4 x 1km reps at the track

No comments: