Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10km out and back - monaco

Interesting walk today.

I had decided to start back at our gym, so on Sunday I went out and did my first gym work out.

Here is what I did:-
1 leg deadlift using a 10kg barbell - 2 x 10 reps
Lunges - 1 x 10 reps
Squats using 15kg bar only - 2 x 15 reps
Gluteal press 2 x 10 (holding for 10secs)
Hip hike 2 x 10 reps
Side leg raise - 2 x 10 reps
glute leg raise - 2 x 10 reps
Cat stretch
Plank
Obique twist
Table top
Pointer
Pelvic Bridge
Crunches

I thought I had been very conservative with my reps and sets but on Monday my legs were soooo sore. They are still very sore today as well.

today I went out and did 10km. I didnt feel it was going to be a fast one as my legs were still sore and very heavy. I turned at 5km in 29:52 but it took 32 mins to come home. The walk its self was pretty uneventful. My legs pumped up with in the 1st km and felt heavy. I was trying really hard to leave my left leg behind me longer....but the more I tried the more bent my knee became. My foot just wont bend in the right place to allow it and so my knee collapses. I kept trying to push my hip back and then before I knew it my arms had gone out of sync with my legs. So I just kept going to finish the walk. I also had some really odd pains this time. I put it down to indigestion or perhaps I had spasmed a muscle in my chest from twisting so much but I was getting some pretty sharp and nasty pains for most the walk back.

I also just noticed that I had not adjusted my watch from my kick down and so it recorded it all in 2.5km lots. Whoops. But the data is not that exciting to look at anyway.

10km out and back - monaco

No comments: