Saturday, March 05, 2011

5km round block - waimea - vanguard

What a crazy weekend. I am so lucky to have an understanding coach.

I am unable to train at all tomorrow. I am one of the volunteers that is helping to run the Weetbix Kids Triathlon. This goes from 6.30am to lunch time. Then I have to zip home get changed, find my cat (as she is going to a new home in Picton) and drive across to Blenheim for my Grandmothers 90th birthday party at 2.30pm.......so its going to be a rush rush day. I was meant to do 15km.

I was going to swap and do the 15km today but today has ended up being a day of visitors...which has been awesome! So I had a small window of opportunity to head out for a walk instead of doing it on the treadmill later tonight...... so I zipped out and did 5km around the block of my home. This is normally not a fast one for me and my avg times for this route would be 31mins. I figured that a short hard 5km would be just as good as a long gentle 15km...hehehehe...

So I pushed hard coming back up Vanguard Street to home.....and was most surprised to see I have done the fastest time for that route....5km in 29:30

5km round block - waimea - vanguard

No comments: