Monday, April 25, 2011

10km monaco test inserts

I have had a great Easter Weekend. Sunday I had Teagan, Josh and Katie-May for the day and also my best mate from Blenheim came over to visit along with her gorgeous kiddies. So I had a full house and it was awesome! Josh spent most of the day upgrading my lap top.....yay! While Rach, Teagan and I all chatted and caught up.

By about 3pm I felt the horrid stirring around my left eye. I tried to just put it out of my mind but the aura was there........a migrane was brewing. Sure enough, by 10pm I had to take my pain meds........to my horror it was then that I discovered that I only had 2 left......GREAT!!!!

I woke up Monday morning and just lay in bed until 10am......I had to do 10km today but it is my easy week and the chance for me to try out my new inserts. I have had a sore left foot now for a couple of weeks....feels like the arch has collapsed in my foot. So I was not to fussed about my time or heart rate today.......it was just a stride out and try to adjust to the inserts.

By the end of the first km my feet were hurting, I had kicked my ankle so many times and nearly foot tripped my self TWICE.......yep this was going to be one of THOSE walks....by the 3rd km I couldnt feel my migrane any more so the endorphins had kicked in (which they can often do) but I was still struggling with the inserts. They changed my foot placement so much that my left foot felt like I was landing with a flat foot and my right foot was coming off the ground in such an odd angle that it shot the foot directly into my other foot. I tried a burst of speed, but it felt like I was wearing steel cap work boots and I just couldnt get anything to work right.

It had been raining for the last two days and I had expected it to rain this morning but instead the cloud lifted to a fog and then it got really muggy. I stopped breifly at the 5km mark to take my long sleeve top off and tie it around my waist. Wow, 5km in 31:37.....oh well back home now.

So I turned and headed back home. My left foot started hurting more and more......it was getting hot under foot. Where the rise was built up in my insert was right on the spot my foot hurt so each step had me pushing down onto it. I am really not sure if I will get used to these, and the Dr told me these were the softer ones....they felt pretty hard to me.

So total time was 1:05:19

10km monaco test inserts

No comments: