Tuesday, April 19, 2011

7 x 1km track

this was tough!!!!

I went down to the track and again unlocked all the rails. This time I had company with a runner doing 1km reps and our top sprinter doing 200m reps. Temp was nice ... about 12degs ... it was sunny so I was still comfortable in my short sleeve top and shorts.

The first km I felt good and strong but I had forgotten to set my watch from auto lap to manual, so the 1st km rang out early and I pressed lap as I crossed the line. Oh gosh that was way to fast......its going to make the rest very hard. I rested for 2 mins and in that time I reset my watch so it would read right. the next one was just as fast but it was starting to get harder now. On the 3rd km the council guys drove across the track and started spreading fertiliser across the grass and made lots of dust. I struggled a little with the dust as I was breathing hard now. I could feel my self getting slower and slower on each km. A couple of my 2min recoveries were a little longer just out of curtousy to the other runners on the track coming through to finish or pass over the start/finish.

I did feel great once this walk was done. It had been tough and I was pushing hard to get the most out of it. I know that I really pushed by body as during the warm down lap I started to sneeze and then my nose started running .... ( and has not stopped!!!) I suffer from this all the time and it drives me bonkers!!!! but there is little I can do to stop it or ease it. I have to work tonight too.... I just hope I can get to tissues quickly.

So here are my 1km splits as the watch data is not the easiest to follow.

1st km - 5:14
2nd km - 5:13
3rd km - 5:18
4th km - 5:21
5th km - 5:29
6h km - 5:29
7th km - 5:27

7 x 1km track

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Those are fast times! Good job!

Tammy said...

I echo Sarah. Incredibly fast! I don't think I've ever done a 1K faster than 5:20 or so. You are impressive!!!