Friday, April 29, 2011

8km out and back - atawhai

Its a beautiful day. Nice white frost on the ground but full sun and no clouds or breeze! Picture perfect in fact.

Its an 8km for me today and I am to take it easy and not push too hard. I have the quarter marathon on this Sunday and am hoping for a good time....but I have also been told its meant to be raining..so will wait for the day.

There are a lot of road works out along the main road and along the walkway so I had plenty of comments from the workers as I walked on past.

I started out and felt great....at the first km mark I had to stop and set my watch up to mark of the kms..I had forgotten to unset it from the track. I noticed the time and thought to my self that I had better ease up a little or Jim would be getting a little cross with me. So I eased up and enjoyed the walk, I was not breathing hard and my arms were just loose at my side....so basically just ticking over.

I had not looked at my watch again until I hit the stop when I was finished and I was most surprised to see the time that I had done. I didnt feel like I had gone that quick so that is a good sign of my fitness.

total time was 46:38 with avg heart rate of 154

8km out and back - atawhai

No comments: