Sunday, April 10, 2011

20km out and back - monaco

I really didnt want to go out and do this. I wanted to stay in bed and sleep in....... so I compromised..... I slept in til 9am and then got up an went out.

I have had a runny nose for the last couple of days - a common thing I get when I really push myself. But when I woke up I had a sore throat too...I sort of hoped it was just from snoring during the night .... lol....turns out it was. Its ok now.

As I went to head up onto the track I saw my old training partner jogging up the road. He stopped by and we had a good quick catch up. Then he continued up the road and I onto the track. The only thing with bumping into Pete, was to remind me how lonely it is when you train on your own all the time. ok there are some benefits to being on your own...... you do go at your own pace and dont feel held up or that you are holding up another. It also hardens you mentally. But there are days when just having someone there ... to help when you get tired and to chat to when you are just cruising, is just sooo nice an comforting.

Any how..... I set out and had decided to just take it easy today. I was not feeling overly energetic and I was to try hard to keep my heart rate in check. Before I knew it 5km had come and gone in 29:47 and then 10km in 1:00:34 and I figured then I had gone out a bit to quick. A couple of times I caught myself picking up the pace and I would have to ease up and slow down.....then I would slow down too much and have to pick up again. I reached the base of Beatson Road and realised then that I had completed a fairly quick walk and so was happy to just walk up. Part of me was wanting to get a good time and the lazy part of me thought oh pox on it......the pox on it won over and I just walked slowly. I reached the top of Beatsons and knew it was just one km to home and it was mostly on the downhill part of the walk way.....so I pushed hard and headed for home.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my time was a little quicker than last week. I feel I am definitely improving and am very curious to see what I capable of in a race.

Total time 2:03:25 - avg heart rate 144 - avg pace 6:10

20km out and back - monaco

No comments: