Thursday, December 22, 2011

10km kickdown fail

10km kickdown at the track turned into an epic fail.

I have learned to NEVER EVER eat a punnet of strawberries the night before any kind of walk. I started to feel off colour at work about an hour before heading to the track. I had a terrible stomach ache and a throbbing headache. It didnt take long for the GI issues to start.

I went down to the track and I had aimed to try for the following - 5:50, 5:45, 5:40 & 5:35

I started out and easily slipped into 5:50 pace. My left adductor was hurting alot (I had felt it start to hurt during the end of my 15km the day before) I figured that it would eventually warm up and settle. At the 2.5km I picked it up a little. By 4km my stomach was lurching and cramping. I was not feeling very well at all. I felt able to push on but I was not finding it as easy anymore. 5km and my GI issues were becoming more intense. I tried to increase my pace but there was nothing there. I broke out in a cold sweat and could feel that I was on the verge of throwing up. I got through 6km and thought I would be able to continue but soon after I crossed the 6km mark I felt my stomach lurch and then I had to stop. Enough said.

data below for what it is worth.

10km kickdown fail

1 comment:

Tammy said...

oh, Nyle...I'm sooooo sorry that is awful...hugs!