Saturday, January 22, 2011

10km Wakefield Race

A PB!!!!

10km in 58:41

I cant believe that after such a terrible walk yesterday, I could do so well today. Perhaps having someone to chase was the incentive.

The Wakefield race is always known as Death Valley race.....you go up 88 Valley Road and its always HOT and DRY. They had a drink station at the 4km mark and the guy manning it even crossed over the road with water for us on the way back. Which I was so pleased he did because it felt like a heat wave came over me and my face went so hot that I thought I was going to faint.......but the water set me right again. I noticed that I was slowly gaining on the lead walker not enough to catch but just gaining.

It is always good when you reach the turn point in an out and back race.....you always seem to come back much faster as you know that every step gets you closer to the finish. I reached the 5km turn in 29:55 so I picked it up on the way back. I was so rapt when I crossed the line and stopped my watch to see that I had beaten my fastest road race time.

So the training is working, the new coach is a legend!!!

Here is the data for the race, its in 500m laps as I had forgotten to reset it back to 1km laps. Doh!!!

10km Wakefield Race

No comments: