Sunday, January 09, 2011

20km out and back - richmond

Today I was to do 20km at a steady pace and keep my heart rate between 135 - 145 b/m

It all sounded pretty easy.......it wasnt. My legs were tired from the 10km yesterday and so I was struggling to get a good pace going. Its not that easy to find a good "walking" 20km from where I live. No matter which way I go there will be a hill somewhere or a slow steady up hill gradient. Unless I want to go out to Atawahi and walk along the edge of the main road.....which is not that much fun nor is it very safe.

So I opted to head out to Richmond and turn back at 10km....only as I was to discover...its only 8km out there so I had to walk through and up along Hill Street (aptly named) until I had covered enough distance. It was a hot day again but I wore sunscreen today and now remember why I dont like to wear it.......IT STINGS WHEN YOU SWEAT AND IT GOES IN YOUR EYES!!!! but enough of my moaning. I didnt enjoy todays walk but it was quicker than last weeks... I slogged out 20km in 2:09:55 and avg heart rate was 141b/m so I think I got that part right.

20km out and back - richmond

1 comment:

Tammy said...

a nice fast pace on the hills! well done!!!!!